Seven men, who collaborated in a Spanish based boiler- room operation, were sentenced at Ipswich Crown Court today to a total of 39 and a half years’ imprisonment for conducting an £8 million investment fraud. Following a trial, six defendants were convicted by the jury on the 12 September. Another pleaded guilty on 6 June at the start of the trial.
- Potter was sentenced to seven years’ imprisonment.
- Johnson who pleaded guilty under a SOCPA arrangement, (see note 3 for details) was sentenced to three years’ imprisonment.
- Steven John Murphy (DOB 13/02/76) was sentenced to six years’ imprisonment.
- Greg Pearson (DOB 26/08/73) was sentenced to six years’ imprisonment.
- Paul Daniel Murphy (DOB 28/09/73) was sentenced to six years’ imprisonment.
- Lee Eliot Homan (DOB 02/07/72) was sentenced to five years’’ and six months imprisonment.
- Peter Bibby (DOB 01/09/67) of south London absconded and was tried and sentenced in absentia to six years’’ imprisonment. There is a court issued warrant for his arrest.