wine-searcher

Wine Name:
Vintage:

Wednesday 3 November 2010

Fraud trial@St Albans: Paul Craven cross-examined

3rd November 2010

I spent this morning in St Albans Crown Court where Paul Craven, one of the defendants was cross-examined by Mr Davis, barrister for Niklas Cashman another of the defendants.

Mr Davis took Craven through his spending – holidays, cars, diamonds, watches, clothes etc. –  while at a the Bordeaux Wine Trading Company referring him to a number of bank accounts.  



The trial is expected to last at least another two weeks.


10 comments:

  1. Hello Mr Budd, any news on the trial??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. I still have my visit of last Wednesday to write up. Unfortunately very busy with deadlines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. any updates on the trial??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon. Quite right to ask but I'm afraid that the trial has come at a time when I'm very busy and virtually chained to my desk. I do hope, however, to get there on Monday but no promises!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although you have said you are too busy to write up about Paul Cravens testimony since 3rd of November I am surprised to see that you had time to give full accounts on other articles in the mean time.
    Is this no longer an important case?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon. No this remains an important case but it is a question of time. I assume that the other article you mention are other recent postings on this blog. The St Albans case, although very important, is to an extent past history whereas the other postings are more current.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anon who sent me a message today. Please email me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you know if there has been a verdict on the other defendants in the Bordeaux Wine Trading Case

    ReplyDelete
  9. There will be a retrial in late June.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Matt. Thanks for your comment. The immediate answer is I would need to check. The important thing is that there will be a retrial in June.

    ReplyDelete